Monday, December 22, 2008

On the soap box

*clears throat* I'm jumping up on my soap box, but just for a minute. I promise I'll get off quickly. :D

Katie and I were out running some errands and we started talking about thread that was posted on the forums recently. It is a post about praying for Rob daily. Now as a Christian I think this is a great idea. My question is what makes Rob so special? Why don't we pray for everyone involved with Twilight. They are all adjusting to the new found fame, no matter how it differs from the fame that Rob is dealing with. What about all celebs that are dealing with the swarms of paparazzi that follow them everywhere. What about those celebs that are doing drugs, getting arrested, or having family/relationship issues. Don't all these people deserve our prayers as well? I honestly think that Rob is handling his new found fame well, he is still level headed and down to earth (at least as far as the interviews, pictures, ect are showing). There are other people out there that are struggling with their fame in much worse ways than Rob.

Now, do I think that people should stop praying for him? Not at all, but maybe instead of focusing on just Rob they could sit back and realize that every celeb is dealing with the same things as Rob, and they deserve the prayer just as much.

America, hell the world, did this to him (and to every other celeb for that matter) so maybe the real prayer should be for people to change their focus from the celebs onto things that really matter.

Ok, I'm done...for now.

2 comments:

  1. well okay! i completely agree(:

    yay for Christian Twilighters, and every other Twilighter(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know i agree even though im not christian. i do hope everyone finds themselves well and able to handle all this new found fame. p.s. i had a fantastic time today!

    ReplyDelete